Saturday 26 February 2011

Card for today 36. Thunder Beings - Sacred path cards

36. Thunder beings

The thunder beings make up the love call of the sky nation. The Sky fire sticks or lightning bolts, are a rare gift from the Sky fathher to the Earth Mother. The thunderers who accompany a storm carry the mating call that announces Divine Union of Earth and sky. The thunder beings are the host of lovers who give energy of the earth mother. The thunder chief proclaims the beauty of the love between the sky father and the earth mother. The fire sticks create a bridge between two lovers and are a physical expression of their love for one another. The cloud people gather where the dance of union is to be held and house the thunder chief and fire sticks within their bodies awaiting the joyous time.

Through this intricate mating dance the earth mother is energised so that life may continue through the nurturing rains who feed her body. Since the earth mother is magnetic in nature she has need of the electric energies supplied by the thunder beings. The rain peoople recycle the moisture of sky world and give back to theearth mother so that her body may feed all things green and growing.

As the cloak of father sky covers the earth mother in a mantle of blue each day, we see the beauty of his love for her when the cloud people form and the thoughts of their combined ideas take physical shape. In our seneca tongue Hail lo way ain is the Language of love. This language of love is at work between father sky and mother earth.

When mother earth needs the warmth and love of grandfather sun to support the needs of all her children we see thunderstorms, lightning and rain as their bodies dance the sacred dance of divine union. The thunder chief calls out the ancient language
of love for the earth mother to prepare herself. The fire medicine comes between them is lightning which is directed along the lines of energy that form a grid system over her body.

If a fire stick touches mother earth in one area the electricity may travel great distances to re energise those places that need the male energy that father sky supplies. The individual needs of all parts of the body are assisted by the Thunder Beings since they are Father sky's medicine allies or helpers.

The act of love between mother earth and father sky are tender and gentle or can be passionate and torrid. This lovemaking is experienced as weather changes and climatic shifts by the children of the earth. Floods and storms, hailstones and tornadoes, hurricaines and typhoons are the freedom of nature. In every case the end result is the fulfillment of our earth mothers needs and must be looked at from the view point of the greatest good for all living creatures. Great mystery has a hand in all acts of the Uniworld and each act supports the need for growth and change.

My own life was saved in March 1986 by the thunder beings. I was driving across Utah heading back to california after my grandfather passed to the other side of the camp. I was accompanied by a very disturbed young man who had sought my council and healing. On that day we had agreed to travel in total silence and i had allowed him to drive my car. We were going to take a shortcut through a pass that was not usually open until summer. 14 miles up the path we began to see snow. We were going to see if the medicine man rolling thunder could help my companion. I had been frightened by his erratic behaviour at the beginning of our journey two days earlier and I needed some assistance.

I broke my silence when he refused to look at the sign that blocked the path warning of snow and poor road conditions. The light was disappearing fast. When I spoke of my concern, referring to the map that said the pass was over 10,000 feet high with no more than a gravel road over the top, the young man snapped. He propelled the car over a three foot steep snowbank that covered the entire road. We slid on ice and the car ended up hanging precariously over the edge of the icy road.

The cloud people had gathered and father sun was far below the horizon about to disappear for the day. I was paralysed with fear for a moment or two. I had never met rolling thunder but grandmother twylah had spoken of him as a good medicine person. I entered the silence and called upon his medicine. At that exact moment a plea from my heart reached the cloud people and a clap from the thunder beings gave me courage. I distinctly heard the voice of grandfathers spirit telling me to take charge. "I don;t know how" i replied. His voice told me to grap the hatchet in the back and follow his instructions. I did. I scuffled across the car seat angrily ordering the man out. Then I told him to start cutting sagebrush and instructed him to put it under the wheels. While he was occupied I called to the thunder beings for assistance and then called again on the medicine man Rolling thunder . I got in the car and felt the thunder beings calm my heart and send me the message that help was on its way. I gunned the motor and was able to slide the car onto the one patch of gravel in the centre of the road. In less than ten minutes a car appeared.

The old green impala was filled with a family of tow headed children and their parents. The father helped the young man accompanying me push the car while I raced the engine and finally the car bounded over the avalanche of ice and old winter snow. We thanked the family and then asked why they passed the sign saying the road was closed. They said that some man at a service station down the road had told them it was open.

We agreed to turn around and go back down together. We turned on our headlights and began the slow descent. After the fifth turn in the road I looked back because i could no longer see the lights from the Impala. I stopped and waited. finally, ignoring the screams of my companion I turned the car around and went back to look for the family. The young man was so full of anger and hatred that it stunned me. It was dark and raining and he was hungry. My companion didn't see why we had to go back. The impala had disappeared. No car, no skid marks, no wrecks, nobody over the side of the mountain. They had simply vanished. I know that this story is a mystery that I will never be able to explain. I do know that I am protected. I never met rolling thunder but I honour his medicine. The thunder beings are now my allies too. They have proven to me that they love and serve the faithful.

The rolling thunder beings, the fire sticks, and the cloud and rain people taught me that I could be strong in the face of death. They cleansed my fear of being controlled by another person. They assisted me in cleansing my guilt at not being able to help that young man when he committed suicide a month later. The thunder beings can give us the courage to do those things and to master our sense of loss by seeing the expansive plan.

The lovemaking of mother earth and father sky bring renewal to the whole of creation. Our personal renewal which nature reflects can be brought about by cleansing our fears, cultivating new growth, releasing old habits or allowing ourselves to be loved and protected. The thunder beings bring us the raw energy we need to renew our lives. We humans are catalysers who have electromagnetic giving and receiving bodies. We are the bridge that connects Earth and Sky when we are in harmony. Like mother earth and father sky we are male and female in nature. The command of usable energy comes when male and female are balanced within us.

The application

The thunder being card is telling you that you are a catalyser and may now be in command of the usable energy at hand. You are being funded with the energy to complete any task you have in mind. If you have been trying without results or couldn;t get enough steam going, this card signals relief. You can drop the frustration and get on with it. The energy is now yours, call it to you and use it.

Usable energy comes in many forms. See which kind of energy applies to your current situation and then command it. Your body is the lightning rod and will conduct all the energy you need. Shout your intention to the sky nation. The thunder beings remind you to replenish yourself equally to the amount of energy you expend.

No comments:

Post a Comment